Wednesday, February 25, 2009

First Taste


It all started last September as I was sitting at home logged on to Facebook, I noticed a few people posting up that they couldn't put a certain book down.  I would see it everywhere, "so and so can't seem to stop reading Twilight"   I heard the Title over and over again.  I really didn't give it much thought. That is until I actually saw the preview for the movie.  I saw Rob Pattinson save Kristen Stewart from that car accident and after watching that scene, I bought the book.  Little did I know that many sleepless nights were ahead of me.  Thats right, I bought the book and read it nonstop for 24 hours straight.  This occurred for 5 days straight.  Next thing I new I finished the entire Saga in less than a weeks time!  
   Quotes like, "You are my life. You're the only thing that would hurt me to lose" began to mess with my head and affect my life.  I started looking at my husband disgusted, thinking about why he couldn't be like Edward Cullen.  I'm ashamed to admit that this went on for months and I don't even think this fantasy about this fictional character has subsided.  This fantasy world seems too real its crazy.  Stephenie Meyer has written these books so that the reader itself can actually feel what the character in the book is feeling!  Its unbelievable.  When Bella Swan fell in love with Edward Cullen, I felt it and I fell in love to!  
I felt that I needed to actually express this and get it out of my system by blogging my thoughts so that one day I can get over this crazy addiction.  I dedicate this blog to everyone out there who feel the same way.  Twilight fans who have tell themselves day to day, it is only a book! That Edward Cullen isn't real.   My theory is, if Edward Cullen is the perfect man, and he is a Vampire.  A vampire is a mythical creature, as far as we know they do not exist.  Therefore it means the perfect man does not exist.  

1 comment:

  1. Because of you, my drug dealer. I am officially a twilight saga addict!

    Sincerely, twilight junkie!

    ReplyDelete