Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Lacking Sleep (long read, but I promise it's related to Twilight lol)

Warning: My apologies folks, I tend to babble on and on and on. This seem more like a diary than a blog about Twilight lol. If you wanna get to the Twilight part, it starts on paragraph five. Also if you haven't read Eclipse yet, there's a bit of a spoiler, although I'm sure this wont be a problem, I'm sure all of you already read the whole saga... possibly more than once lol. I'm probably the only schmuck that haven't finished the saga yet. I'm sorry again, many thanks.


I was obligated to stay for two hours at work yesterday because my co-worker didn't know that there has been a change in the schedule. I was a bit edgy just waiting for 9:00 am, staring at the clock every 5 minutes, as if that will make it tic' faster. Finally the manager came down himself do relieve me because he hates to pay overtime. The moment I saw him walking towards the desk, I bolted right out and I said as I passed him "see ya, I don't wanna get a ticket" which is true, meter maids make their rounds at 9:00 am to make sure that everyone is feeding the meter.

As I drove home... Well to my girlfriend's house actually, I was a bit upset of the mishap that just happened at work because, this means that this will cut into my reading time. And lately, I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that it's one of the things I look forward to everyday.

I finally got to my girlfriend's house, not actually knowing how I got there, last thing I remember I was running out to my car, then next thing I know I was parking in front of her house. When I got inside she mentioned that she's hungry and she wants to go out real quick and grab a bite to eat, she suggested we buy food at Superstar. "Yeah sure" I replied, seemed more like a reflex than an actual answer. She then called Superstar and no one was answering the phone. This annoyed me to a certain degree, when is Superstar ever close besides Chinese New Year? I'm hungry, she's hungry and I haven't had a smoke in hours. My girlfriend really wanted to have some silog, so I suggested that we go to Gateway which is a similar restaurant, but this one is at Daly City. She called them up, they answered, she ordered the Boneless Bangus silog and I ordered the Porkchopsilog. As we drove there to pick up the food, I began to do the math in my head how many additional hours this will cut into my already cut-short reading time.

So finally two hours later, were both fed, she's content, and I'm satisfied and above all, finally some me time! It is now almost 12:00 pm by the time I started reading, this means that I only had an hour, two hours max to read. Being a night-walker, I need more sleep than the average day-walkers which is your run of the mill nine to five'ers. It's been researched and proven that people who sleep during the day gets less R.E.M sleep compared to those who sleep at night, it's the way we're programmed I guess. As many of you already know, during REM sleep, this is when your body restoration come into play. In my case since I don't get as many REM, I need at least nine hours plus of sleep. Another thing to note is I don't get enough sunlight since I work at nights, meaning my body isn't producing enough melatonin; a chemical in the brain that induces sleep among other things... Making it harder for me to fall asleep.

I told myself to stop reading at 2:00 pm, though I told myself that, I wasn't surprised that I failed. I didn't stop reading until 3:00 pm which means that I have only six hours of sleep now, I got to the end of chapter ten of Eclipse titled Scent. I tossed and turn and I couldn't clear my head for I was worried what's going to happen next after reading chapter ten. I think finally I dozed off around 4:10 pm or so.... Only to find myself awake again at around 5:45 pm, waking from a nightmare I think...

The time and setting of the dream was the same as my other one, the only difference this time is that I saw not one, but about a handful of that distant beautiful golden-red fire, the fire burned brighter than the last time I remembered.

I woke up the moment I noticed that the fires were glowing ominously. Well at least I had control this time, I managed to wake myself up before Victoria had her nice pearly whites in my jugular lol.

It took me a while before falling back to sleep, not because I was scared or anything like that, it's because it got me thinking of that part on chapter ten. Bella's pillow and a couple article of clothing were missing, Edward sniffs around and he noticed that the smell is not at all familiar, a vampire nevertheless, but it's not one of them or anyone they have encountered. Then he mentions the part about the killings in Seattle about a young new-born, sloppy if I may add vampire.

Is it possible that Victoria is behind this? Is she assembling her very own Volturi army by converting innocent humans? The suspense is killing me!

3 comments:

  1. And you said that you weren't articulate!!! Hahaha Does your girlfriend know that you're an author for the blog???? hahaha Just kidding! See how theraputic it is to write on here!!! Don't you feel better?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes lol, I must agree it is somewhat very soothing writing here. And no, my GF doesn't know that I'm an author... I cringed while I typed that, lets just call me a contributor, I am nowhere near like an author lol. If she stumbles upon this blog again, she will right away off the bat she will know it's me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lmao... you forgot to mention the part where you fell asleep in boxers and woke up wearing your uniform pants. dork. and you ended up waking up HELLA late for work.

    ReplyDelete