Thursday, March 5, 2009

A Revelation

Spoiler Warning: If you haven't read Eclipse yet, this post will be a spoiler

I got some good reading time today after a monotonous day at work, I got to the end of chapter 19 titled Selfish on Eclipse. It seems that I was proven wrong on my theories and speculation about a couple of things. But before I begin I'll share something with you that made me chuckle this morning lol.

As I was driving home staring at the thick overcast of clouds and I began to daydream, wondering if this is how Forks looks like, I kept trying to snap out of it but the thought kept lingering in my head. Something finally caught my attention, a loud roaring sound almost thunderous crept up beside me, I looked instinctively and it was a silver car. Now here is the funny part, I kept looking to see what type of car it is, it was a Volvo S60-R! The same car Edward drives in the Twilight saga, books NOT movie. Almost instantaneously the moment this magnificent automobile passed me, the sun broke out of the thick clouds and shone on the Volvo reflecting the light towards me, I was blinded, amazed and marveled. I sped up a little and tried to encroach behind the Volvo, but to no avail, my little Miata's heart couldn't keep up. I chuckled as I let off the throttle and went back to a comfortable cruising speed.

Ok, back to my failed theories and speculation.

1. I always thought that the reason why Edward didn't wanna "convert" Bella is that he wont like her anymore because she will lose that essence, he is so crazy about and craves like heroin it is to an addict going through rehab. I was wrong.

"So... it's not that you're afraid you won't... like me as much when I'm different - when I'm not soft and warm and I don't smell the same? You really do want to keep me, no matter how I turn out?"
-Bella

"You were worried I wouldn't like you? Bella, for a fairly intuitive person, you can be so obtuse! i don't think you realize how much easier it will be for me, Bella, when I don't have to concentrate all the time on not killing you. Certainly, there are things I'll miss. This for one...And the sound of you heart, It's the most significant sound in my world. I'm so attuned to it now, I swear I could pick it out from miles away. But neither of these things matter. This, You. That's what I'm keeping. You'll always be my Bella, you'll just be a little more durable."
-Edward Cullen
~Eclipse, chapter 12. Time


2. I always took Jasper for a sissy emo boy, I started to hate him when he almost attacked Bella, which in turn forcing the Cullens to move out, feeling guilty about the mishap. Again, I was wrong.

"My military career was short-lived, but very promising. People always... liked me, listened to what I had to say. My father said it was charisma. Of course, now I know it was probably something more. But, whatever the reason, I was promoted quickly through the ranks, over older, more experienced men. The Confederate Army was new and scrambling to organize itself, so that provided opportunities, as well. By the first battle of Galveston - well it was more of a skirmish, really - I was the youngest major in Texas, not even acknowledging my real age.

-Jasper Whitlock



"There were six of us when I joined Maria's band. She added four more within a fortnight. We were all male - Maria wanted soldiers - and that made it slightly more difficult to keep from fighting amongst ourselves. I fought my first battles against my new comrades in arms. I was quicker than the others, better at combat. Maria was pleased with me, though put out that she had to keep replacing the ones I destroyed. I was rewarded often, and that made me stronger.
"Maria was a good judge of character. She decided to put me in charge of the others - as if I were being promoted. It suited my nature exactly. The casualties went down dramatically. and our numbers swelled to hover around twenty".

-Jasper
~Eclipse, chapter 13. Newborn


Ok, I hope it was entertaining for you as it was for me, I'll get back to my reading. The Quileutes and the Cullens working together! How cool is that? \(*^-^)/

No comments:

Post a Comment